I dropped my phone

A

AC Question

I dropped my phone on the cement and the battery came out. After about 30 min. of being turned on, the left top corner started turning purple and blue. THEN the whole screen turned purple and the blue is slowly appearing throughout the phone. What can I do to fix this or do I basically need a new phone?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my phone on the cement and the battery came out. After about 30 min. of being turned on, the left top corner started turning purple and blue. THEN the whole screen turned purple and the blue is slowly appearing throughout the phone. What can I do to fix this or do I basically need a new phone?

Welcome to the forums.
You probably need a new screen assembly. Sounds easy, but the catch is trying to fix it yourself, you can cause more damage to other parts like ribbons (extremely delicate). You can look at repair shops in the area, and price them out, but I would weigh that against your insurance (if any) and how long you have until your next upgrade.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, that sounds not good. When a screen starts to do that, you pretty much have to replace it. Sorry!

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith