Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default phone keeps hitting back button by itself

My galaxy s3 repeatedly hits the back button whenever I try to open anything on my phone, including apps, texts, internet, etc. I can even feel the touch vibration several times as it exits out of what I just opened. Anyone ever had this happen? The phone itself is fairly new because I had to have it replaced after a bad drop

Default Re: phone keeps hitting back button by itself

Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if your replacement was a refurbished phone? It's always possible the replacement they gave you was one that was returned to them for some problem which they thought they fixed.

I assume you've tried rebooting, right? You could also try booting into Recovery and clearing the system cache partition: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Another thing to try would be to boot into Safe Mode, to see if any of the apps you've installed might be the culprit: Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy SĀ® III