Question Chrome opening by itself.

CausticDystopia

Apr 11, 2023
Visit site
So today my phone (Samsung Galaxy A03S) had a system update and afterwards chrome keeps opening by itself to obvious spam pages. I've been googling it to figure out how to get it to stop, but nothing is working. I've cleared my browsing and site data on chrome, I forced stopped it, I've cleared the data, nothing. Then another thread said to look in my apps for an "unnamed, or suspicious app" nothing there either. I downloaded several maleware app, but all of them say theres no threats and all the apps I've downloaded are trusted apps, the most recent being Twitch a day or so ago, other than that all the other apps have been on my phone for months and I've had them all downloaded on other devices, but this is the only one acting weird. I don't know what else to do short of factory reset, but I'd really rather not do that.

Reactions: katesmonsta

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was this an official system update pushed over-the-air that you were notified about in the status bar? Or did it show up more like a browser popup? Just want to make sure you didn't mistakenly download some adware or malware from a browser popup ad that could've been designed to look like a system update notification.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards