Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Issues with Calendar Events Repeating

I have a real annoying issue with my Galaxy Note 3. I have it synced (for years) with my outlook calendar at work. When I set a calendar event on my work calendar, I always have it remind me a few days in advance of the event so that I can prepare for the event. That same reminder pops up on my Note 3 at the same time, which is fine. However, regardless of how I click "dismiss" on the Note 3, that reminder will continue to keep coming up until the event has actually passed. I can click "dismiss" on my Note 3 when the calendar reminder pops up, and the reminder will disappear. However, 30 minutes, an hour, or a couple of hours later, I get the same reminder. I can get that reminder - and dismiss it - 10 times in a day, but it won't stop. It will not dismiss the reminder even though I have touched "dismiss" on the Note 3 reminder pop up each of the ten times it has popped up. It is driving me nuts and the techs at my cell phone provider - as well as a Samsung tech who was there at the time - have been unable to help.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Issues with Calendar Events Repeating

I have the same issue... I've had it since the last update to KitKat and it's super annoying. The other odd things is the X slider for dismissing doesn't actually slide as it used to. I just touch it to slide it to the right and it will disappear but the notification will come back again.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Issues with Calendar Events Repeating

I have the same thing happening since KITKAT. I went and installed the Calendar app. aCalendar and the problem is worse. It gives me the multiple notifications and the year date is 1969!!!! Go figure that out.