Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Issues with Calendar Events Repeating

billrags

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a real annoying issue with my Galaxy Note 3. I have it synced (for years) with my outlook calendar at work. When I set a calendar event on my work calendar, I always have it remind me a few days in advance of the event so that I can prepare for the event. That same reminder pops up on my Note 3 at the same time, which is fine. However, regardless of how I click "dismiss" on the Note 3, that reminder will continue to keep coming up until the event has actually passed. I can click "dismiss" on my Note 3 when the calendar reminder pops up, and the reminder will disappear. However, 30 minutes, an hour, or a couple of hours later, I get the same reminder. I can get that reminder - and dismiss it - 10 times in a day, but it won't stop. It will not dismiss the reminder even though I have touched "dismiss" on the Note 3 reminder pop up each of the ten times it has popped up. It is driving me nuts and the techs at my cell phone provider - as well as a Samsung tech who was there at the time - have been unable to help.

Daniel Lorek

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue... I've had it since the last update to KitKat and it's super annoying. The other odd things is the X slider for dismissing doesn't actually slide as it used to. I just touch it to slide it to the right and it will disappear but the notification will come back again.

JkMpB

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the same thing happening since KITKAT. I went and installed the Calendar app. aCalendar and the problem is worse. It gives me the multiple notifications and the year date is 1969!!!! Go figure that out.

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Yep, same here. Kitkat is a chocolate bar to me, so I don't think I have that. Event notifications just will not stop. You can slide from right to left or left to right from bar, delete the notification request, or even the event itself (having it burned permanently into your brain at this stage) - makes no difference. Have un-synked, doesn't work either. I may get a digital alarm watch for $2 to save my sanity.

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
S Planner: I got so desperate after about 11 reminder repeats for a task that was completed and deleted the previous day, that I forced stop and cleared the data cache. Didn't stop to write down meetings as I was going insane with it. Now looking for a new calendar. And trying to remember appointments Lol.

Posted via Android Central App

Navin Chowdhari

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
i have the same issue on my Note 3, It came with Kitkat, the calendar invite never get dismiss and its keep repeating even I dismiss it. I saw Samsung so far released 2-3 firmware update but till date they did not solved this... :(

Jason Irvine

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Nope. Clearing the reminders on the notifications panel doesn't work either on my note 3. Nothing seems to get rid of the annoying and infinitely repeated poking of tasks or events that have already been dismissed and even deleted! Won't use the android calendar anymore. Anyone know of another calender/app that works with Google and also plays nice with colleagues on iPhone? It would be nice if the software engineers tested these things and made sure they worked before their release.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jason Irvine

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I think I solved this problem on my note 3. I couldn't uninstall native Samsung calendar, so I just turned all calendars in it off in settings and disabled it as much as possible for my sanity.

Then I downloaded GOOGLE CALENDAR and use that instead. Still testing to see if notifications actually dismiss and not nag me 12 or more times per day making me want to put a blunt object through my phone!

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeFunct1222