Pin removal from a Nexus 7 2013

A

AC Question

I have just read an article on Drippler which suggested that it is wise to use a PIN number for security on a homescreen on an Androird device. Following that advice, I went to settings, security and inserted a PIN number.
After closing down my Nexus 7 2013 tablet and trying to use the PIN number to reopen and start reusing the device, I find that I am locked out.
Please could anyone advise me as to my next move ?
I feel most foolish,
Pam

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
It depends, if you use a pattern there should be a "Forgot Pattern" button on the lockscreen. Hit it and you should be able to sign in with the google username and password associated to the phone. But for some reason, Google doesn't seem to include this option for a PIN or password. (more secure I guess). So if you really can't remember it, you'll have to factory reset your Nexus 7, which will wipe everything off of it and make it like it's brand new out of the box.

More info here: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3388218?hl=en

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible that you unwittingly set a PIN that was slightly different from what you believed you were setting, and that your device will therefore not recognise the PIN you are entering? If so you might be able to judge the most probable error made when setting the PIN.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non