What is zone-libentertainment? Spyware?

SoloCx11

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

I've got this app on my phone and I can't get rid of it. It's got so many permissions on my phone, it can essentially do whatever it wants from waking the phone, making calls, scanning other apps, text messages, emails, etc...

SoloCx11

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

It shows up as an app in lowercase spelling and when I click on it, I get a message from Sprint that they are not responsible for third party apps and what they can do followed by an error, the program must shut down.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

It shows up as an app in lowercase spelling and when I click on it, I get a message from Sprint that they are not responsible for third party apps and what they can do followed by an error, the program must shut down.

Could you show us a screenshot?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Here's a link to my tweet with a screen shot.
https://twitter.com/gotchu/status/480477191156006912

I'm still inclined to believe it's a part of Sprint-ware, despite the "third party" blah blah blah.

Go to Settings > Apps > All and scroll down to that App on the list. Tap the App.

Force Stop the App, Clear Cache, Clear Data and then either Uninstall (that option shows when it is an App added after you started using the phone) or Disable (that option shows when it is an App "baked" into the ROM). I'm betting you can only disable, not uninstall the App.

In any event the App will not function and can not use any permissions.

SoloCx11

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm still inclined to believe it's a part of Sprint-ware, despite the "third party" blah blah blah.

Go to Settings > Apps > All and scroll down to that App on the list. Tap the App.

Force Stop the App, Clear Cache, Clear Data and then either Uninstall (that option shows when it is an App added after you started using the phone) or Disable (that option shows when it is an App "baked" into the ROM). I'm betting you can only disable, not uninstall the App.

In any event the App will not function and can not use any permissions.

It can't be disabled or uninstalled which is why I thought it was suspicious and it's all lower case which is suspicious to me too. I think I'm just going to have to get a new phone.

SoloCx11

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

Yes. I can disable and uninstall Sprint tv but not the one I'm suspicious of.
It's still there, nothing's changed.

SoloCx11

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

Yep. I've factory reset it twice in a row just to be sure and deleted everything on the phone.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Yep. I've factory reset it twice in a row just to be sure and deleted everything on the phone.
We already confirmed it was from Sprint. I don't believe it is harmful. You can use Greenify to freeze it so it doesn't take up resources on your phone.

Sent from my AT&T One XL

Gabriel Schlesinger

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
It is mal-wear. If you go to application manager, and uninstall last update, it will remove it.
I found it when trying to understand why my phone was charging slowly, and removing that app instantly fixed the problem.

steve kenny

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, Gabriel. That did the trick. Just happened to notice it scrolling through my apps tonight. Maybe this will help alleviate some of the battery drain I've been noticing on my S III lately.

Last edited:

NormanWalkwell

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
How do I do that? I have a sprint Note 2, and can't seem to find where the remove last system update option is. Ive found a system update file, but it doesn't allow me to remove it.

Uniquelypoetiq

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
Core Zone App just appeared in my phone...messing up my battery charge...please help!

I also just realized I have this app on my phone and it is doing the same thing to my phone when plugged in... I read in older threads that it can be removed by uninstalling the last update...I cannot find where to do that. I have an HTC Desire 626
Thank you in advance😀

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress