How do I ensure I properly get text alerts on my Android phone?

Xarzu

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I had given up on Facebook. Someone managed to use its system against me be making multiple request to reset my password. So I eventually decided to live without it.

But I begrudgingly found that Facebook can be a useful tool to make contact with people to discuss a variety of technologies. So I decided to give it another try and I was able to give Facebook authentication in the form of a camera shot of my ID. They sent me a link to reset my password.

Now, here is the issue I am having. I am able to use my email to authenticate but I have a problem with Facebook when it comes to receiving text messages. For some reason, I am completely unable to receive text messages from Facebook on my Android phone.

I am not sure if this is a Facebook issue or an Android phone issue. I am able to get text phone notification from other platforms. The only one I have a problem with is Facebook.

For some reason, I have three apps on my Android device.
I have this one:
01.png
which leads to this screen
02.png
and it does not go anywhere when I click the button.
I have this one:
03.png
which leads to this screen
04.png
and it does not go anywhere when I click the button.
But then there is this one:
05.png
which leads to this screen:
06.png
and then I am able to view my text messages. I am thinking that I should remove the other two apps. What do you think? What are some steps I can take to fix my issue?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what the problem is with the FB texting (have you tried a different number to see if that goes through? I know some carriers aren't fully supported, especially those with 'virtual' lines like Google Voice.), but if you have a Samsung phone you'll have two messaging apps usually. What about checking your Spam/Blocked section?

The first one you posted is the Google Messages app, and we all recommend using that one since you can access it across devices. The third one is the 'stock' Samsung one, and shouldn't be removed (I don't think you can anyway) as it is a necessary part of the messaging system. Not sure what the second one is.

That being said, all messaging apps can live on your phone, but like the text shows, only one can be set as the default and be 'active' at one time.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29