Samsung S4 Unable to turn wi-fi on

peterev

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all
I purchased 2 x S4's in December 13 via Amazon. Both worked ok with no problems, around about April my S4 started having wi-fi problems, it would not always connect to my router. I would have to put in the router id again and then it would be ok. The other phone worked perfectly on the router or at a hotspot etc. Eventually my phone would not switch on so I took it to my local phone guy who reset it. By the time I had got home it had switched off again, after taking it back to the guy again this time it worked ok. I switched the phone off whilst at a meeting and since then it I cannot get the wi-fi to switch on. All this time the other S4 has been perfect.
I checked OS etc on both phones and found that my S4 was running19505XXUFNB8, the good phone was running 19505XXUFNC4 (still is). I tried to root my phone using CF autoroot and Odin to change* ro.securestorage=true* to false (a parameter in build prop) as one forum said this would cure my problem. Although I could change it I could not save it.Super SU would not install properly. Eventually the phone got stuck in a boot loop. Which cleared when I reinstalled * 19505XXUFNB8. Since then I have installed via Odin 19505XXUFNC4 so both phones now have the same os's hoping that this would cure the problem but it is Wi-fi is still not switching on!
How do I turn the wi-fi on?
revpete

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Just to be clear, the phone(s) are both working properly and fully functional right now, right?

If so, have you reset the router? Reset the router then go into system settings > WiFi > Advanced Menu and make sure the device is always connected.

Let us know if this improves your WiFi issues.

peterev

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi srkmagnus,
No.1 phone has worked perfectly all the time from the same router with out any problems(also my spare vodaphone smartphone works perfectly from the same router at the same time as No1 phone). I have checked my phone as you suggested and it is always on. Most of the other settings are in a position which do not seem to be stopping the wi-fi from switching on. Not sure what to do next.
revpete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38