Wi-Fi Transfer Methods

TxDoc

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm curious as to the best method(s) to transfer files and photos from the Motorola edge + 2023 to a PC, and back?

I saw a YT video on Wi-Fi FTP server. Seemed very simple, but it didn't work for me. I didn't do something correctly.

I would like to be able to transfer via Wi-Fi as I understand it, it's faster than a USB cable and

TxDoc

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm curious as to the best method(s) to transfer files and photos from the Motorola edge + 2023 to a PC, and back?

I saw a YT video on Wi-Fi FTP server. Seemed very simple, but it didn't work for me. I didn't do something correctly.

I would like to be able to transfer via Wi-Fi as I understand it, it's faster than a USB cable and over time, there's less of a possibility of damaging the port with repeated plugging in end unplugging the cable.

If anyone can explain a procedure for wireless transfer and if you need use the phone as a hotspot for it to work.

Thank you

TxDoc

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Dell laptop. I wirelessly have an all in one HP printer that I scan to my laptop with and use a wireless network.

TxDoc

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
AirDroid is a tried and true solution. It's been a long time since I've used it myself, so I can't be sure how it is these days, but still worth a go!
Thank you. I'll give it a try

How do you prefer to transfer files and photos? Or, do you not really need/use that function?

Last edited:
Reactions: B. Diddy

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Transferring via WiFi may not be faster than a direct, USB connection as this will depend on your router speed and connection strength as well as number of active devices in the network, but it is definitely faster than Bluetooth. Easiest way I can think of is to use the Windows 'Phone Link'. Another way is to upload to a cloud folder that's also being synced to your PC automatically (this adds a 'second' step as the file gets uploaded to a cloud server first, but it is definitely very straight forward).

PhoneBalone

Dec 18, 2023
Visit site
So, resurrecting a dormant thread:

One of the thing nobody seems to have mentioned - and on which, for me, is the Moto "killer app", is 'Ready For'. Install on the laptop, and when your phone and your laptop are all on the same WiFi segment, it will connect - which you approve on the phone.
You will now have visibility to the phone storage (view files via Windows file Explorer), ability to run Android apps on a Windows window (Desktop), keyboard and mouse access, etc. A lot like functionality provided by Samsung Dex / Windows Connect, but, for me, more intuitive. Plus you don't have to use a Microsoft account as a mediator. And, compared to what WC/DEX was like on my S20FE, runs much quicker. Aspects of this are hard to benchmark - because on the old phone I had most user files on SD card, which is inherently slower then the internal storage. And, of course, UFS 4.0 in the Edge+ will run rings around the old 3.1 from older phones.

Search 'Ready For' on your phone and review the help in the system.

Last edited:
Reactions: TxDoc