not getting voice and gmail notifications on data

A

AC Question

Hello,

Everything works fine when I'm on wifi, but when I'm on data I do not get Google Voice or GMail notifications.

Within Google Voice I have:

Background Data enabled
Receive text messages via Google Voice app
All notifications boxes ticked.

If I go to Data Usage and click the Google Voice app, I can see that background data is not restricted.

As soon as I switch back to wifi I will get any notifications on the Google Voice app that have not come through on wireless data.

I have the same problem with GMail, but it's the text messages that is the real issue.

Thanks for any help.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Everything works fine when I'm on wifi, but when I'm on data I do not get Google Voice or GMail notifications.

Within Google Voice I have:

Background Data enabled
Receive text messages via Google Voice app
All notifications boxes ticked.

If I go to Data Usage and click the Google Voice app, I can see that background data is not restricted.

As soon as I switch back to wifi I will get any notifications on the Google Voice app that have not come through on wireless data.

I have the same problem with GMail, but it's the text messages that is the real issue.

Thanks for any help.

Hello! What carrier do you have? This is most likely on their side. It could be many things, but I suggest seeing if a new SIM card will fix it.

To add to this, if it is an unlocked phone, you might have to check the APN settings to see if they are matching the ones for your carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty