Question Can anyone tell me whats going on with my phone? List of new symptoms...

debdefender

Jan 31, 2024
Visit site
1. It's always been a Samsung Galaxy showing as A515G now showing as SM A516U. I can see both but cannot get into A515G

2. I changed ringtones, now both ring at the same time and intermittent beep at start of calls.

3. I am receiving two of every notification and message.

4. All my apps and registered sites think I am on a new device.

5. I'm getting lots of high data usage warnings.

6. My Google account keeps showing a Linux device as mine, it's not, it's unknown. I sign out it gets back in.

7. I have new apps I didn't download, I also have apps that did not come from Google or Samsung.

8. I get notifications of voice mail with no record of any calls and the voice mail noted shows hours of duration.

9. On occasion, my pages/screen shakes. Zooms in and out by itself. Changes pages by itself. Types by itsef.

There's more but at the moment those are the highlights.

debdefender

Jan 31, 2024
Visit site
It's difficult to tell if AppHub is being automatically installed by Metro, Samsung, or some other app you might have installed. It might keep getting reinstalled, according to experience in this thread: . So you might have to look for it from time to time to see if it's back and needs to be uninstalled again.

It would not be surprising for Samsung bloatware to reappear, typically after a system update.

Are you using this phone for work? If so, does it connect to a company Microsoft Exchange email on Outlook, or a company intranet? Some companies will require certain security policies to be installed in order to be approved for use, and that kind of thing might be related to what's going on.

No I've never set up a work profile.

You can also see if an Android Work Profile has been set up on your phone: https://support.google.com/work/android/answer/6191949?hl=en

You would have to ask your boyfriend if he was tinkering with your phone.

He says he hasn't. However I caught my phone backing up into his.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000