Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post How do I delete a comment I made on a thread??

I google my Screen Name and a comment a year ago, I made mentioning my daughter showed up. I would rather not have my family info in the google search. Please help.

Nexus 7-a-day giveaway - Dec. 22

Default Re: How do I delete a comment I made on a thread??

On the website, click on the Edit Post button associated with the post (as long as you're logged in with the same username that you used when you posted that other one). Then you can either edit the post or delete it. Unless there's some restriction for new members. If you have problems, let us know and we can ping the Moderators.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

well if you click on the link, you'll see what im seeing. where is the edit post button? ...and yes I'm logged on as MobilePhile. Its weird that only this comment is showing up in google search and not my other comments.

If I click on the link, I won't necessarily see what you're seeing, because I'm not logged in as you. A user should be able to see an Edit Post button under any post he or she wrote--unless, as I mentioned, there's some restriction for very new users.

I'll ask one of the Moderators to look into this.

Actually, I just noticed that that thread was Closed, so that's probably the reason you can't edit it. We'll see if the Mod can help.

Global Posts
    7,240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Deleted it.

Nexus through spacetime
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

hi, i appreciate the effort i rechecked and it still pops up on google search...4th result. Any ideas why this is happening?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

see my message below thx!

The old page (that still has your comment) might just be cached in your own browser. Does it pop up if you use someone else's browser (logged into their own account, not yours)?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Dark Spock said its deleted but the results still show up Google search if you type "mobilephile". I think its on AC's end, not google's. Comments shouldn't be made public on a registered forum account anyways.. Can someone help please?? TIA

But did you try searching on someone else's computer or device, not logged into your account? I'm just wondering if it's coming up in your own browser because it's logged into your account, and Google is caching your pages.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Global Posts
    1,726 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

I googled his name and this came up.. How do I delete a comment I made on a thread??-screen-shot-2014-07-06-2.54.51-pm.png

Not sure why this is a big deal in the first place..

@MobilePhile, moderator Darth Spock did what we can from our end and deleted the comment. So it's up to the search engines to update its cached information.

There is really nothing else we can do from our end. As for a forum allowing public viewed posts to be cached on the Internet this is nothing new. Android Central only requires you make an account to post/participate but doesn't make posts or threads private from public viewing.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by: