How do I delete a comment I made on a thread??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On the website, click on the Edit Post button associated with the post (as long as you're logged in with the same username that you used when you posted that other one). Then you can either edit the post or delete it. Unless there's some restriction for new members. If you have problems, let us know and we can ping the Moderators.

MobilePhile

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
well if you click on the link, you'll see what im seeing. where is the edit post button? ...and yes I'm logged on as MobilePhile. Its weird that only this comment is showing up in google search and not my other comments.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If I click on the link, I won't necessarily see what you're seeing, because I'm not logged in as you. A user should be able to see an Edit Post button under any post he or she wrote--unless, as I mentioned, there's some restriction for very new users.

I'll ask one of the Moderators to look into this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The old page (that still has your comment) might just be cached in your own browser. Does it pop up if you use someone else's browser (logged into their own account, not yours)?

MobilePhile

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Dark Spock said its deleted but the results still show up Google search if you type "mobilephile". I think its on AC's end, not google's. Comments shouldn't be made public on a registered forum account anyways.. Can someone help please?? TIA

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But did you try searching on someone else's computer or device, not logged into your account? I'm just wondering if it's coming up in your own browser because it's logged into your account, and Google is caching your pages.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@MobilePhile, moderator Darth Spock did what we can from our end and deleted the comment. So it's up to the search engines to update its cached information.

There is really nothing else we can do from our end. As for a forum allowing public viewed posts to be cached on the Internet this is nothing new. Android Central only requires you make an account to post/participate but doesn't make posts or threads private from public viewing.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app