Gs1 sd phone is not reading my sd card !

A

AC Question

hello,
so I have had my phone for multiple years, but just last year I replaced my SD card with a new SanDisk Ultra 16GB MicroSD, it was working fine for months until now my phone is not accurately reading the SD card, my phone shows that there is an SD card in the phone but as for all the pictures, music and apps that were placed on the SD card, they are all gone. I've tried tuning my phone on and of but it just says "media scanning running", "media center running SD card", "media scanner running system storage", "media scanner complete".
my phone told me that there was damage to the SD card but I don't know what to do.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What phone is it? I'm not sure what GS1 is--is it a Samsung Galaxy phone? Tell us the exact model name and number.

It sounds like the card might have corrupted files, or the card itself is corrupted. Unmount it (in Settings>Storage), remove it from the phone, and insert it into your computer using a fullsize SD adapter. Can you see your files there? If so, back them up to your computer immediately. Then run chkdsk on the card: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

If the card is corrupt, you might have to reformat the card, which is usually best done on your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fox2024