USB OTG help!!

Anston Luiz

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I bought a new Gionee M2. The phone has the capability of charging another device through the micro USB using an OTG cable. But I would like to know if I can connect a flash drive onto my phone using the same OTG cable? I have rooted my phone and tried stick mount and other similar apps. I also tried entering a new XML file android.hardware.host into permission folder. But not detecting the drive or any other device. The "charging another device" feature is working though. Is there any solution?

Anston Luiz

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Xplore file explorer. In Storage folder I see 3 folders; sdcard0, sdcard1 and usbotgdrives. But even if I connect a flashdrive, I'm unable to see it in this folder. The stick Mount always show as no device is mounted. Can I do anything with the phone's kernel to support otg?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Xplore file explorer. In Storage folder I see 3 folders; sdcard0, sdcard1 and usbotgdrives. But even if I connect a flashdrive, I'm unable to see it in this folder. The stick Mount always show as no device is mounted. Can I do anything with the phone's kernel to support otg?

What type of USB stick are you using? Also what cable are you using?

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

Anston Luiz

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes. It is. In some DIY, I have seen people grounding the pin 4 with pin 5 on the micro USB end. Will I have to do something like that? The cable i bought was a normal quality one which costs just Rs.60. Or will I have to make any changes in the kernel? Please tell me how to..

Anston Luiz

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
No help?? Anyways I'll try after getting the official Kitkat update which is to release at the end of this month. The Gionee support had informed me that they might add the otg support in their future updates. I hope something like that would happen.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes. It is. In some DIY, I have seen people grounding the pin 4 with pin 5 on the micro USB end. Will I have to do something like that? The cable i bought was a normal quality one which costs just Rs.60. Or will I have to make any changes in the kernel? Please tell me how to..

The kernel is usually locked down, so you can't do much.

Dhaval Gajara

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I bought a new Gionee M2. The phone has the capability of charging another device through the micro USB using an OTG cable. But I would like to know if I can connect a flash drive onto my phone using the same OTG cable? I have rooted my phone and tried stick mount and other similar apps. I also tried entering a new XML file android.hardware.host into permission folder. But not detecting the drive or any other device. The "charging another device" feature is working though. Is there any solution?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87