Question Oppo 16a and the Endoscope saga.

Cypherus3033

Dec 15, 2023
Visit site
Bought a cheap endo...... Oh you know the story, looked a good deal and looked perfect for what I needed, plugged it into the Oppo 16a I have fully updated, scanned in the app suggested and it loaded and opened, You guessed it. Connect the device. No device was found. Checked Youtube for a fix. it suggests a USB C female to USB A male plus a USB OTG adapter back down to a USB C male so it will fit the only connection on the phone. This time it opened the app automatically but still failed to find the device or power it up. Doing a web search on the issue it seems that for some reason this is not an unusual problem for people to find themselves with and yet they sell hundreds of the things meaning that at least a large percentage have no problems at all. Tried several different control software apps with no resolution but the Oppo brand seems to keep coming up in dispatches as a problem child in this respect. Has anyone found a fix for this?? Oh as an aside the device does work on laptops and some tablets but not all which suggests a firmware issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact "brand" (I'm guessing it's some alphabet-soup jumble of letters common with direct-from-China products?) and model number of the scope? I wouldn't be surprised if it was designed for older versions of Android, without any updates for more current versions.

Reactions: Cypherus3033

Cypherus3033

Dec 15, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact "brand" (I'm guessing it's some alphabet-soup jumble of letters common with direct-from-China products?) and model number of the scope? I wouldn't be surprised if it was designed for older versions of Android, without any updates for more current versions.
CKABELLY USB Endoscope X001SP4B77.States clearly for Android but does not say much about the version.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't find any tech specs online -- did the product come with a manual? I wonder if it specifies anything there. The product page on Amazon claims it's compatible with Android 4.2 and above, but (a) that doesn't necessarily mean it's been updated to work with Android 11 or 12 (which is what your phone should be on), and (b) there's a reviewer who also noted problems with Oppo phones:

Screenshot 2023-12-15 1.29.12 PM.png

Cypherus3033

Dec 15, 2023
Visit site
I couldn't find any tech specs online -- did the product come with a manual? I wonder if it specifies anything there. The product page on Amazon claims it's compatible with Android 4.2 and above, but (a) that doesn't necessarily mean it's been updated to work with Android 11 or 12 (which is what your phone should be on), and (b) there's a reviewer who also noted problems with Oppo phones:

View attachment 358300
The phone updated to Version 13 and reports that in phone details. Plus it is taking security updates so I guess that it is correctly running. I picked up on the reveiw from another source but it did strike me as odd that it is only Oppo that seems to be affected yet nothing on their website indicates any problems like this at all. Cannot get any reply from their help dept on the matter though. In addition, it is also odd that once the app is installed it fires up the device when you plug it in yet still fails to report a connection or power up the lighting. Tried it on a friend's Samsung tonight and it fired right up so it is working. lost with this one sadly but its not the first device I have tried on it as a microscope also fails connection.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos