Kyocera Rise goes blank while vertical?

hypersweetie

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I own a kyocera rise with virgin mobile. It's about three months old and hasn't suffered from any damage, no falls or water spilled on it, but last night, I was going to my settings to delete an app and suddenly, the screen just went off! It was lit up with the lights along the bottom also lit up and I could click on things but there was nothing but a blank screen staring me in the face. I googled for answers but most people say that they dropped it before this happened but I did NOT and hope it doesn't have to go in for repairs.

I restarted numerous times and it would occasional turn on but immediately go back blank soon after. As of today, I realize that it will work as long as I keep it horizontal with the keyboard slid out. If I attempt to slide the keyboard back in, it immediately goes back to being blank with the lights still lit until I turn it off, slide out the keyboard, and turn it back on.

Obviously, a pestering fix would be to just leave the keyboard out but I'd like it a lot better if someone could give me a reason it's doing that!

I've already did two factory resets and I rooted it but neither helped. Is there anyway to fix this without bringing it to a repair store?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non