Question Atoto S8 won't boot

aaron81006

Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
Hello. I've searched the threads and cannot find one with the same issues I'm having.

I have a Jeep with an Atoto S8 10" Android head unit. I was out of town for a few weeks and when I came back, my battery was dead. I did have to jump-start it to get it going again. Now, my head unit will not start up. It is getting power. The lights for the hard buttons come on. When I turn on the key, these lights come on for a few seconds and I can hear a light crackling sound. Then it all goes off and starts over after a few seconds. The display never lights up.

Here's what I've tried with no change:
- Pushed the "reset" button and pushed the "reset" button while holding the power button.
- Held down the power button to shut down the unit. Lights do go off. Power up, lights only back on.
- Pulled the fuze for an hour or so and plugged it back in.
- Pulled the unit from the dash and disconnected / reconnected the monitor ribbon harness.
- Pulled the unit from the dash and disconnected / reconnected the wiring harness.
- Pulled the unit from the dash and disconnected / reconnected the harness while holding down the power button.
- Pulled the unit from the dash and disconnected / reconnected the harness while holding down the home button.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• atoto.jpg
    atoto.jpg
    985.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You may want to check this thread over at XDA-Developers.com, specifically about the Atoto S8: https://xdaforums.com/t/atoto-s8-general-discussion.4114493/page-32. See if there's a way to do a factory reset.

The big problem with most of these Chinese Android head units is that they're generally very unreliable, and have zero manufacturer support.

Reactions: aaron81006

aaron81006

Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
Hi B. Thanks for getting back to me. I have searched the XDA (I also have this same question posted there) and haven't had any luck. I did also try to do a reset with the button on the unit but that didn't work either.

Still looking for different options.