no knockcode

U

Unregistered

Hi I just recently updated my Lg optimus G pro to android KitKat 4.4.2 and I never received the knockcode or the knock on.

All I got was the knockoff which is a lousy feature tbh. I don't think its the hardward because lg l9 and the g pro lite and many other low end LG phones got the knockcode while the G pro which has pretty impressive specs did not?

I just can't think if a possible reason why LG opted not to put that feature. I guess they're just being lazy but the phone would be the deal if it had those features. Anyone got any idea why it doesn't?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think its laziness, but more there is something about the phone, perhaps even the battery, as to why they omitted that feature.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Jason Li1

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
The battery? I don't get how that's an issue. The phone has a 3140mAh. Isn't that enough? Well let's say that's the case. What about other features? Like dual browsing?

I had that feature in my old samasung galaxy grand but its non existent on the G pro. I don't know maybe Lg just didn't pay much attention to it due to the new LG optimus G pro 2 coming out which is sad.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The battery? I don't get how that's an issue. The phone has a 3140mAh. Isn't that enough? Well let's say that's the case. What about other features? Like dual browsing?

I had that feature in my old samasung galaxy grand but its non existent on the G pro. I don't know maybe Lg just didn't pay much attention to it due to the new LG optimus G pro 2 coming out which is sad.

The battery meaning if it can handle whatever wakelocks might be involved. Mind you, I am only guessing.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay thanks a ton. I really wish LG would come up with an explanation or at least something that would help understand. Thanks for everything.

You are right that it doesn't make sense. Sorry I couldn't really answer your question. See you around the forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38