Android phone has stopped receiving text from only one person.

anon(4278898)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have a strange problem. My Android phone has stopped receiving text messages from only one person. Everything was working all right until a few days ago when I didn't receive a text from a friend. The friend has an iPhone and he even turned off iMessages (what I don't think so was an issues as like I said before he had it turn on when we were texting). I restarted a phone, did an update, nothing helped. Any idea what can it be? How to solve the problem? I pretty much can receive text messages from other people without a problem.

Thanks!

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Have you deleted the existing message thread and started a new one? Were you coming from an iPhone as well? Did you shut off iMessage before you switched if so?

Posted via Android Central App

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
No iMessage is only for Apple devices! If you've always used Android and they've always used iPhone and the message were working I'm not certain what may have happened that caused it to cease to work now! His phone's iMessage on/off status shouldn't impact his messages to you as an Android user the entire time.

The only thing I could think if to try would be to get him to started a new message thread to you.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87