Need help flashing rooted/ROM'd Galaxy S4 back to stock OS
So my sister was given a phone, now I am pretty handy at unlocking and such but came across something I have no experience with. Th phone's OS has been modified to a ROM called liquidsmooth kitkat? Does anyone know what I could do to get the phone back to factory condition? Running just the regular android system?
- 07-19-2014, 01:27 AM #2
- 07-19-2014, 01:27 AM #3
Depending on the phone (model) and carrier you can readily find the the required steps to flash your phone back to its original stock OS.
Samsung uses a program called Odin from your computer to flash it.
HTC uses what they call a RUU package combined with your computer.
Nexus uses factory images provided by Google.
You get the picture as we go down the list..
- 07-19-2014, 01:28 AM #4
- 07-19-2014, 01:32 AM #5
This would be the section of our forums to dig around in or even ask a direct question about obtaining the right steps and files.
Make sure you specify which carrier/region your S4 is when asking
Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
- By Bayarea13 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 5Last Post: 07-19-2014, 11:16 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-19-2014, 09:57 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 07-19-2014, 02:33 PM
- By eddyknights in forum LG G3Replies: 3Last Post: 07-19-2014, 12:23 PM
- By pauline higgins in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 1Last Post: 07-19-2014, 01:48 AM