LG Keyboard has stopped

A

AC Question

My LG phone is displaying the message, "Unfortunately, LG Keyboard has stopped." I can not text or use anything which requires use of the keyboard. This phone is not even a month old yet. NOT HAPPY!!!!!

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
If you cannot get into your phone due to the keyboard not working and you having to type in a password for the lockscreen this will do a hard reboot and fix everything:
1. Take out battery
2. Put battery back in
3. Hold down volume button and power button
4. Options will come up
5. Use the volume button to scroll
6. Scroll to wipe data/factory reset
7. Select using the power button
8. Confirm this by scrolling down to Yes -- delete all user data
9. Select by using power button
10. Insert information
11. PHONES WORKING!!

The bummer is unless you have a memory card you will lose everything! Took me all night to figure this out so I hope this helps you!

Jacob Singer

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
That worked for me. Under Settings > General > Apps > ALL (scroll left of DOWNLOADED/RUNNING options near top)

you will find "LG Keyboard" and a button that says STOP and CLEAR DATA

click stop, then clear data.

problem solved.

not_techsavy

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
My phone was saying "Unfortunately, LG keyboard has stopped". I restarted my phone to see if it would work but now i have been locked out of my phone for almost 12 hours because I cannot type my password because the keyboard isn't working. I have an LG Optimus Exceed 2....I'm super anxious and ready to cry what do I do?!

Last edited:

Elizabeth Halvorson

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Mine did the same thing today and I've had my phone for about 6 months. I can't type in my password to unlock my phone, can't answer txt, can't dial out. Nothing. I have an LG L34C Optimus Fuel through Straight Talk. Not happy at all. If this cannot be repaired I will never buy another LG item again and will report to the bbb.

ReikoCat

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same dilemma, however my dilemma maybe much more dire or much more common. I recieved the message that LG keyboard has stopped, powered off my mobile phone (LG Volt) and restarted it. I'm now at the screen where I either must slide my fingers in a certain order or must enter a password to access the phone (I however encrypted my phone and must perform the latter, but since LG Keyboard has ceased, sending input to accomplish such a task is now seemingly impossible). So to the point, I am humbled and need advice to wriggle out of this connundrum; What shall or shant I do? Thank you for your time and attention. :)