Question Is there any way to force opening a keyboard?

cuutedolfin

Jan 31, 2024
Visit site
Hello!
I've recently bought Lenovo Tab M9 tablet. Unfortunately on one of the websites I frequently use, the keyboard doesn't show in a field I need to type (maybe they use some fancy javascript for their inputs, I don't really know). Is there any way to force opening virtual keyboard to be able to type? I would prefer not use a psychical one. When I was looking for solutions people when suggested using Hacker's Keyboard, but this is no longer available.
Thank you in advance for any tips how to solve this problem :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about the stock keyboard on a Lenovo, but I believe both GBoard and Swifkey have an option to show the virtual keyboard regardless of a physical keyboard being connected or not. However, if the system isn't detecting a text input field, that wouldn't help much. You can also see if there are any 'Physical Keyboard' options in the current one you use and maybe there's a similar toggle there.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

cuutedolfin

Jan 31, 2024
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. I do not have psychical keyboard connected, but just in case the setting to always show the keyboard is on. The issue is that the keyboard is not being shown when I would like to type, so I need an option to manually trigger it. I guess some other app would be needed for that.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I see! Yeah, unfortunately it seems like the system isn't seeing those fields as text boxes, which wouldn't prompt the keyboard to show. You can try to have the keyboard in floating mode (but not sure if that also disappears on other keyboards when you're not typing). Or have you tried tapping on the address field (to prompt the keyboard) and then tapping back in the misbehaving text field?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Would you be comfortable telling us which site this is, so we can test it ourselves? If we see the same thing, then it would be probably be a matter of sending feedback to the site developer to let them know it has to be fixed.

Reactions: Mr. Lucky