moto x not charging

U

Unregistered

I forgot to charge my moto x during the night then woke up in the morning and it was nearly dead , then apparently my baby sister decided to wet my bed and soaked my moto x , as the day went by I finally dried it up and got it to turn back on but now it wont charge , it shows the bolt on my charge bar but once it hits 5% it stops charging any further and if I use it while its charging it'll decrease in life, I'm starting to think it was the battery itself going off instead of the pee short circuiting it or something like that please help

warn joe

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to charge my moto x during the night then woke up in the morning and it was nearly dead , then apparently my baby sister decided to wet my bed and soaked my moto x , as the day went by I finally dried it up and got it to turn back on but now it wont charge , it shows the bolt on my charge bar but once it hits 5% it stops charging any further and if I use it while its charging it'll decrease in life, I'm starting to think it was the battery itself going off instead of the pee short circuiting it or something like that please help

Hmmm yes I have experienced the problem myself I remember after getting wet from rain and the battery of my devices suddenly goes to 0% from 80% I wonder what makes it behave like that but what I did was as soon as I see this I remove my battery open the device dried it using my girl friend hair dryer :-* and then put back everything to the correct place but didn't put the battery, keep it over the rice for a day to dry it up and then put it inside the bag of silica gel for an hour and done, put the battery back in place switched it on now everything works normally even the battery I didn't need to get a new one ! So, i think the problem you are experiencing can be solved by properly using the .... and one more thing don't put the battery back in place if you still get a feel that your device is wet because its going to fried the circuit board and in the cost of replacing it you can buy a new device.