Question Samsung a32 not charging with adapter, please help asap??

kavishsingh

Oct 28, 2023
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

so recently my samsung a32 is not charging using the adapter, only when plugged into laptop it charges
i noticed this after the update
i tried the below:
restart phone
soft reset
clear cached and wiped partition
ran in safe mode, still not working
cleared usb settings

I have also cleaned the port with a tootbrush

the adapter works on other phones, now and again after a reset it does charge once then stops

Please advise asap for a solution
could it be hardware or software issue, even with safe mode not working and that disables all apps
it charges fine when plugged into laptop

thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this the charger that came with the phone, or a 3rd party one? Are you able to test a different charger/cable combination?

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Just to isolate the obvious, but are you using the same cable used to connect to the laptop - which seems to work - with the charger that seems to not work?

Or is it one cable for the laptop and a different one with the charging block?

If it's different cables, then I'd suspect the cable. But if it's the same cable, then I'd suspect the charger. However each power source you're using does have different output amperages (I'd guess the laptop is using the USB spec minimum of 0.5 amps) and maybe that difference is messing with the phone's built-in power handling characteristics.

That would then throw suspicion to the phone itself. Could be software messing up. Could be a physical connection of the USB-C port of the phone that doesn't like anything stronger than the minimum running through it. That's hard to isolate.

Reactions: B. Diddy

kavishsingh

Oct 28, 2023
Visit site
Just to isolate the obvious, but are you using the same cable used to connect to the laptop - which seems to work - with the charger that seems to not work?

Or is it one cable for the laptop and a different one with the charging block?

If it's different cables, then I'd suspect the cable. But if it's the same cable, then I'd suspect the charger. However each power source you're using does have different output amperages (I'd guess the laptop is using the USB spec minimum of 0.5 amps) and maybe that difference is messing with the phone's built-in power handling characteristics.

That would then throw suspicion to the phone itself. Could be software messing up. Could be a physical connection of the USB-C port of the phone that doesn't like anything stronger than the minimum running through it. That's hard to isolate.
Hi Joel,
Thanks for this.
i did try both a different charger and cable, it works fine on other phones
however yesterday i noticed that when i plug the usb in the adapter half inserted it starts to charge, when its full in the adapter it dont charge
what could be the cause of this?

thanks

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi Joel,
Thanks for this.
i did try both a different charger and cable, it works fine on other phones
however yesterday i noticed that when i plug the usb in the adapter half inserted it starts to charge, when its full in the adapter it dont charge
what could be the cause of this?

thanks
Could very well be a faulty connector in the phone itself. Especially if it does this with more than one cable.

Reactions: fuzzylumpkin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter