Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AC Question
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy Samsung S4 frequently loosing cell service for no reason.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. Recently it started frequently loosing cell service for no reason. Even though it shows I have full bars and I'm in a location that I have had perfect service for the year I've had this phone, I suddenly cannot send or receive text messages, or make calls until I restart the phone. I've reset the phone, deleted a bunch of data off the phone, and made sure its updated but I'm still having this problem.

I've been looking online for how to fix this, and have found other people have been having the same problem but no one has found a solution. some people suggest it might be the new 4.4.2 update causing the problem but I had the same issue with the older version as well.

I love my phone and do not want to replace it, but I cannot go the whole day missing calls and texts.

Does anyone have any advice?
    lissagd86 likes this.

Default Re: Samsung S4 frequently loosing cell service for no reason.

Welcome to Android Central! Have you spoken with your wireless provider first? They might want to try replacing your SIM card.

Default Re: Samsung S4 frequently loosing cell service for no reason.

Yes, I've tried a new SIM card and had the phone inspected for water damage all AT&T can sugest is replacing the phone.