Adding an app to Galaxy Tab 2 from email attachment
Q-See emailed an older app (Q-See QT View HD.apk) to see if I could view my security cameras with it. (The new version on Google Play does not work with Galaxy Tab 2 or 4) How do I download their email attachment onto my Tab 2 as an icon that I can use?
- 07-31-2014, 04:18 PM #2
Re: Adding an app to Galaxy Tab 2 from email attachment
You can download the attachment just as you would any other attachment. It will go into your DOWNLOADS folder.
Then, make sure that you have selected "Unknown Sources" in your Settings to allow a non-market app to be installed (sideloading). After that, just open your Downloads folder, find the APK file, click on it and it will ask if you want to install it.
JUST MAKE SURE YOU ACTUALLY TRUST THE E-MAIL THAT THIS APP IS BEING SENT FROM. IF YOU DON'T, IT MIGHT BE AN APP WITH MALICIOUS CODE IN IT.
- By lordkrome in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 9Last Post: 12-09-2015, 08:00 AM
- By Mayoite in forum Samsung Galaxy AceReplies: 7Last Post: 08-02-2014, 01:23 AM
- By Andreida in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 16Last Post: 08-01-2014, 12:35 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2014, 07:46 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2014, 04:21 PM