GS5 Root after update
So I got my Samsung Galaxy S5 yesterday and decided to root it today. Unfortunately this morning I got an update and did so without thinking, and when I tried to root using towelroot it said that my phone was not supported. After a bit of research I found that the update kills the root. Now I am wondering is there a way to undo the update or possibly another way to root the phone?
- 08-01-2014, 05:47 PM #2
Re: GS5 Root after update
Yes, taking an OTA breaks root.
There is no way to downgrade your firmware so you're going to have to wait until there is one for the current version.
Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 08-28-2014, 09:42 AM
- By adamworldwide in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-02-2014, 09:16 AM
- By AndroidBust in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-01-2014, 03:58 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-01-2014, 03:21 PM
- By Greg C in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 08-01-2014, 02:46 PM