Is it normal for Note 3 to skip or lag when drawing really fast on the screen with either s-pen or f

gfish93

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
If i draw fast lines for instance, especially closer to the outer edges of the screen, the phone seems to loose responsivness a bit and it skips. Is this normal?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

I don't have an issue with speed or skipping except for a small area.

If you have a case with a magnetic clasp and it occurs in that area you've found the culprit.

You can do some screen tests only on non-carrier fettled phones by dialing *#0*#

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I was not concluding it was defective but that's certainly a definite possibilty.
So no magnetic case.

Turn on the on screen pointer and try hovering all areas.

You can try a new nib with the supplied tool. I had to when the pointer was off to the right, and it improved. (you can squeeze, pull and push them in and out ss hard ss you like!)

Try clearing the cache of each app you use for that in the App Info. Sketchbook/S-Notesm/Action Memo etc. Then clear the app data also.
General - Applications Manager - scroll right to All.
Wipe the Cache Partition in Recovery mode.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=298808

It's hard to define how fast you mean. Does it write normally at writing speed.

If you get no further input here, and (AT&T) * sorry T-Mobile like Verizon lock you out of settings, I would seek a check up from a service rep or call them.

I am not a site ambassador so I am just relaying my related experiences and what I have read of S-Pen issues in threads over 8 months. It is possible I have missed something.
In fact those that know me would say that is usually a given!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I can scribble very fast in Sketchbook. (impressive huh?)

I would start a thread in the main Note 3 forum; we have a lady sketch artist who may respond.

If you tried clearing some cached data and the tips above which may speed the responses up, and it occurs on all apps, you may want to save everything to your accounts and pc and bring it to T-Mo.

jevybe5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

gfish93

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok so my cousin has the same phone as me and the same thing happens on his, so im gonna assume that this happens on everyones. By the way i did clear the cache, not from recovery, and it still did the same thing.