Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy LG GPAD 8.3 will not recognize Samsung SE-218CB DVD reader/writer

I just purchased a Samsung SE218CB ODD because reviews says it would allow me to view my DVDs on my tablet. Even after converting the ODD to AV mode (hold eject button while ejected until light turns green), the tablet will not recognize the external device in file manager. My tablet recognized other external drives, such as pendrives, etc.

Default Re: LG GPAD 8.3 will not recognize Samsung SE-218CB DVD reader/writer

Welcome to Android Central! If this is even possible at all, I would guess that you'd need an OTG cable--you wouldn't be able to simply plug the drive into your tablet with a regular USB cable.

Default Re: LG GPAD 8.3 will not recognize Samsung SE-218CB DVD reader/writer

I have the OTG cable. I also bought a USB Y connector, since it appeared that the GPad didn't have enough power to run the ODD. With the new Y cable, the ODD spins up to speed, but the GPAD File Manager still will not recognize the device. Keep in mind that the GPAD recognizes other external drives, such as jumpdrives