Power Button Issues

A

AC Question

I have an S4 with a flip cover with a little window towards the top. The S4 recognizes that this cover was made for the phone (when closed, it will display time, date, notifications, etc. in the window).

My issue is that when the cover is open and the phone powers off, I can't get the screen to come on, until I close the cover, wait a few seconds, then open the cover again.

Is this an issue with the phone or the cover? Is there a solution to this issue?

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hiya
I'm gonna assume this is the cover.Sometimes when you put something on that recognizes when you close the cover it will take over as a power button instead of the actual thing.
Maybe check with the place you got it from or the brand that makes the covers.
If it doesn't erase info or pictures or drain or battery or even does anything to harm your phone, maybe it doesn't matter. But if it's simply causing an annoyance or you just want to know what's going on with your phone's cover then try taking it off then putting it back on again.
Sorry if this was no help😕

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree. It could be the cover. Worst case is the proximity sensor, which will result in the same issue, but every time the phone is placed close to your face or covered with out the case while in use.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app