Cases?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering what cases you are considering, if any? I tried this one, but the cutout for the camera is off and I'm not crazy about the position of the power button. I'd like to find one with a cover, as I'll be using this for several choral groups I sing in. I probably won't use the case when it's docked.

I've bought a Penoval stylus that attaches magnetically to the tablet.

TIPOYOROO Case for Google Pixel Tablet 11 inch 2023 Release, PU Leather Protective Flip Smart Cover with Card Slots & Pen Holder for Google Pixel Tablet - Black https:// a.co/d/fleQNcA

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I mentioned in another thread that I got the Speck MagFolio case, because I frequently transfer the tablet from the dock to my bag for work, and I don't like having to pry it out of a case each time. The magnetic attachment works really well. The downside is that the edges aren't well-protected while in the case, and of course the tablet can easily fall out if the whole thing is accidentally dropped. But I wasn't looking for something that will protect it -- I wanted something that would cover the screen during transport, and that I could use as a stand while working on it with a keyboard.

The stand part isn't the best, since the little depressions on the interior flap aren't quite good enough to hold the tablet in place besides the most upright one. But for what I needed, it's still pretty good.

Reactions: J Dubbs and jhilker

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I mentioned in another thread that I got the Speck MagFolio case, because I frequently transfer the tablet from the dock to my bag for work, and I don't like having to pry it out of a case each time. The magnetic attachment works really well. The downside is that the edges aren't well-protected while in the case, and of course the tablet can easily fall out if the whole thing is accidentally dropped. But I wasn't looking for something that will protect it -- I wanted something that would cover the screen during transport, and that I could use as a stand while working on it with a keyboard.

The stand part isn't the best, since the little depressions on the interior flap aren't quite good enough to hold the tablet in place besides the most upright one. But for what I needed, it's still pretty good.

But it looks like it would do for me to use during a concert. Thanks!

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
So I have tried 3 different cases over 3 days.

TIPOYOROO Case for Google Pixel Table 11 inch 2023 Release, PU Leather Protective Flip Smart Cover with Card Slots & Pen Holder for Google Pixel Tablet - Black https://a.co/d/fHxvOFE

This was the first one I got, and returned it almost immediately. Cutouts for the camera and buttons were a little off.

CoBak Case for All New Google... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBKPMR53?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is the 2nd one I got yesterday. It was ok, but nothing to hold a stylus.

I should say both of these have cutouts for the dock, but that's not as important for me, as I'll only be using the case when I'm out and about.

Speck Google Pixel Tablet Case &... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C7JHJ9R4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This one arrived today, and this will be my keeper. I love that it attaches to the tablet magnetically, making it easy to remove it. There's a camera shield that opens magnetically. It does hold my stylus as well. Here are a few pictures of the Speck. My thanks to B. Diddy for suggesting this one. It's going to work great for me.
1eb27fdc0e3061db7759ed9c4f8f2e8e.jpg
90567cc6c002308ffc979576e5ae166d.jpg
db75a222704619658b35138685a66e2b.jpg

Last edited:

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Guess it depends what you're going for (very helpful insight BTW about those three, thanks).

Personally I'd go for the second. It's actually a case and will offer protection. (edit: and only $9? A steal).

The third option is fine if you want more of a stand and drop protection isn't a concern. The only thing that bugs me (and this is more OCD than an issue), they were too lazy to make precise cutouts and said "hey, we'll just put a giant flap there instead".

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos