Headset Headphones Earphones Echo Issue

jcru2001

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
When using Brainwavz Delta IEM earphones, the caller on the other end is hearing their own voice in an echo. I've searched and found nothing specific to this issue with these particular earphones (are they earphones, headphones or just a headset??).

So my initial thought was...product is defective. Then i plug them into iPhone (gasp, i know) and there's no issue of echo.

Therefore my question remains, does anyone else notice issues such as this? I've replicated the issue with Note 3, GS5, Moto X. Is the issue with Android and the earphones? As i've noticed Bose has specific headsets for iPhone or Android, but i was under the assumption that was a controls thing. Are there any adjustments that will help?

thanks for any insights.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There may be an issue of the headphones causing interference with the call. Does this happen to every caller? Or only certain ones at random times?

I've experienced the echo before. However, that has been without headphones and seems to be random and a result of a bad connection.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) A headset is an earphone (or two) and a mic. So this is a headset. (Most people don't bother making the difference in English, since most native English-speakers are very unconcerned with proper grammar. It's not even an option any more, it's something to violate whenever possible.)

2) Check the volume setting. If it's too high, the mic picks up sound from the earphone, causing the echo.

The random echo that srkmagnus mentioned is usually the result of a bad "echo supressor" in the phone company's system somewhere. (Since most of all circuits will be digital, and that type of echo can only occur in analog circuits, it's rare today, and it's pretty random. Sixty years ago it was common on just about any long distance [meaning out of the central office] call, since it occurred in the cable amplifiers and as they degraded over time the echo got worse. [And finding which node in 50 miles of buried cable was causing the echo was so difficult back then that they usually didn't bother until that cable became completely useless.])

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez