Galaxy S4 turn on automatically when i put the battery in, then dies for good.

A

AC Question

My galaxy s4 turn on on its on with out pressing the power button as soon as i put the battery in, then it dies after it gets to the galaxy s4 logo.. then nothing would turn in back on. i tried almost everything, idk what to do.

Is it hard bricked or is it soft bricked? I also cant get to the hard reset menu. When i put the battery i quickly press the power button and the down volume button, it goes to the boot menu screen. if i press up volume button fast enough itll continue to that but then die right away. And if i dont press volume up button it also dies right away.

Please help, with any suggestions.
Thank you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's never been wet, or damp from being cold and brought into a warm environment (that's as bad as dropping it into water), it could be the power switch, which isn't expensive to have replaced, or it could be the motherboard, which is. Only bringing it in for an estimate will tell you which it is.

If it's been wet, don't bother - all it needs replaced is everything but the plastic parts of the case - which would cost more than the retail price of a new one.

naumankhan02

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Did you find the solution to the problem yet?
I'm having the exact same trouble and I read somewhere that this is an indicator of your bootloader being ruined. Can please someone confirm this for me?
Appreciate the help.

killerz298

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
So things were going well for awhile and then the reboot loops started up again. I did some digging and read that apparently Samsung phones are notorious for sticking power buttons and the symptoms were exactly what I was experiencing. I watched some videos online how to open the phone and clean out the power button but it didn't make a difference. I then read that squeezing the connector for the power button with a pair of pliers sometimes does the trick. Not for me. So finally since I'm not under warranty, have no insurance, and the phone wasn't working anyway, I just ripped the white plastic part of the power button right off. Well, that seemed to do the trick. Phone immediately fired back up without issue and has been going strong. I glued a small thin piece of plastic where the old one used to be and I am back in action. If my little plastic piece solution eventually fails or breaks off I will consider soldering on a new button but so far so good.

If you have tried everything else, and are looking for last resort, try cleaning the power button with some alcohol, and if that fails, rip off that power button! Here is the video that gave me the idea: youtube.com/watch?v=3Glllc7bEJs and here are some other power button videos: youtube.com/results?search_query=s4%20power%20button&search_type=&aq=f&oq=

Ankit3016

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me in my LG l60. This is what i did seemed to help. I disconnected the battery and connected the phone USB to the computer, the driver software doesn't install. Then I put on the battery and the phone went to charging( without disconnecting the USB) then I switched it on in a normal way. See if it helps.

adsong

May 25, 2016
Visit site
This literally just happened to me today. After reading the post about how the power button can get 'stuck', I literally just hit my phone against my desk a couple times and it worked perfectly fine. Ridiculous, but worked for me.

ooo1

Jun 29, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone I went through the same problem. phone was working from the moment i woke up to few hours then suddenly it was off. I charge my phone during night , so I thought it wasn't connected to the charger properly at night.
I plugged it to a charger with no response. I tried different chargers and batteries. I started getting worried and saw this thread after googling this issue. I watched a video on trying to reboot and wacking the opwer button area- I was scared to this.

I eventually took it to the samsung store. they said all the data will be lost and it would be cheaper to buy a new phone. I was absolutely heartbroken. it has so much of my work saved it in. I felt pretty lost.

I later came back to this thread and tried clicking the power button multiple times. It kept switching on for 2-3 secs then blacking out (the same as in the morning). I used a needle to remove the power butter and started pressing and moving the inner butter attached to the inside parts(motherboard?). it finally restarted and switched on!!

I attached the powrer button - the same problem happened. removed it and repeated the above. Now I have backed up everything on my phone and have told myself to do every 3-7 days.

An entire day wasted trying to save some important data.

Goodluck to everyone and stay strong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa