Question Resetting SM-T2105 and installing normal Android rather than the kids version?

verbatim

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
I have a SM-T2105. I no longer need it to have the "kids" version of the OS installed. Cannot remember the password. Ultimate goal is to install a normal version of Android. I tried to start by resetting (Power, up-volume and home key; then release power button when logo appears). But when I tried the start-up method to reset, it never went to the reset menu. It appeared that all it did was keep rebooting.

Could someone please provide some guidance on how to get started? Are there tutorials? Have I already done something wrong?

Any help appreciated.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, definitely it's running very old and outdated Android version 4.1.2 which lot of apps are not going be available to use and security of the device is not safe .

86d4f5246ce6ab9a8cb5031c96f3c44f.jpg

Reactions: Laura Knotek

verbatim

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
I think I can still get use out of this old tablet.

I can reset the tablet and use it for only *low risk* apps, like an e-book reader.

Might someone be able to guide me to put a normal (if older) Android replacing this kids Android??

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You would probably need to flash the tablet using Odin if that can still be on that device and would check out XDA forums for that particular device see if someone in the past have tried it and left a tutorial on it

Reactions: Laura Knotek