- 1 Posts
questions regarding remote access
I have obtained an android tablet (4.2.2) for my dad to keep up with the family (we're all over the country and he's not tech savvy).
I'm setting it up to be very simple, and will be making a manual of sorts.
One thing I want to do is to be able to push content to him, such as pictures, documents, etc.
I also want to be able to view and/or use his tablet to help when he's stuck, like VNC.
He will be using this at public Wi-Fi locations, with no Internet at home.
I will be setting it up to connect to my VPN, so port forwarding should hopefully not be an issue if I'm thinking correctly.
What are some good means to transfer data to the tablet, perhaps using sftp, and a way to access his tablet (even if it's view-only)?
Verizon Ellipsis 7 QMV7A
Android 4.2.2 (rooted, stock ROM)
- 08-15-2014, 03:35 AM #2
Re: questions regarding remote access
Welcome to Android Central! I don't have any good suggestions for the remote access part, but you could easily push documents and pictures to him by uploading them to his Google Drive (if you have access to his Google account) or uploading them to your Google Drive and then sharing them with him.
- By Caesarbie9 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 08-21-2014, 09:50 PM
- By marios1441 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-16-2014, 01:35 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-14-2014, 01:39 PM
- By jdawg316 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2014, 03:56 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-13-2014, 11:34 AM