Galaxy S3, Messaging stopped working and touchwiz stopped working.

A

AC Question

Had been spending alot of time transferring pics from internal memory to external memory. Then installed a task killer to improve RAM. Then uninstalled zooper widget which removed a weather widget from my home screen.

Was ok for a while then got the msgs 'Messaging has stopped' and 'Touchwiz has stopped'.

Have a black screen, can get to settings from the notification bar. Have deleted data from Touchwiz. Have changed the homescreen from basic to easy and back to basic. Have restarted numerous times and removed the battery.

I have nova launcher installed. How can I get nova activated as i have a black screen and no other options but settings?

Is there anyway I can backup?

Have important data on device and dont want to do a factory reset if I can help it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, uninstall the task killer app. These usually don't help that much, and can be counterproductive.

Next, can you get to your App Manager? Tap the menu button there and Reset All App Preferences. This should clear out the default for the Home button. The next time you press the Home button, it should ask you which launcher you want to use--select Nova. If the same problem occurs, do the same process over, but this time select TouchWiz.

You may want to boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Wiping the cache partition can sometimes help with various issues like this. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html