Samsung Galaxy S3 charging issues

A

AC Question

Hi Everyone,

I know I've seen plenty of stuff on here about others with charging problems but who knows, maybe I've noticed some things that will help others or help you guys make suggestions.

Some of the characteristics of what is wrong with mine:
1) It does not charge. Not an issue with the socket as fiddling with it doesn't make it work.
2) Sometimes when plugged in at around 10% battery, the battery icon will show a lightning bolt, but the screen stays dim and lock screen still says plug in your charger.
3) When dead and then plugged in, the empty battery symbol shows with the white rotating circle and then it faintly (but distinctly) changes shade to the same thing but a sharper image. This is the point that it would usually show the green battery level image.
4) The only way to start the phone from dead is with a hard reboot and even then it turns off moments later.

To me (a phone tech newbie) it sounds like there is some sort of software issue that the phone must "accept" the charging function and that it detects the presence of a charger but doesn't let any of the current pass. I've tried 2 different chargers (Samsung provided and generic micro USB) but neither work any more. If anyone has any advice then it would be greatly appreciated.

Liam

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried going into Recovery Mode and performing a Cache Partition wipe?
But I have to say it does sound like battery failure.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87