S24U wireless charging issues

k os

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
With or without a case, I'm struggling to get my S24U to charge wirelessly. The sweet spot requires at least the bottom camera to be on the charger. This lifts the phone off the charger. When I place the phone on the charger and get the charging notification, it charges for about 20 seconds, then stops. I've gotten it to charge 2x wirelessly (not enough to feel confident to charge overnight 6have an alarm for morning), however it doesn't fully charge. Once after about 7hrs wirelessly charging it had 67% and said it was still charging.

Anyone else having issues? Tips or thoughts?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Which charger are you using? You may need a new one. I've had no issues with Samsung Chargers (except the very old 'puck' ones, but those are just that they charge super slowly for today's standards). I've only had issues when using a 'Mag Safe' case (it's a bummer, I really looooove the Thinborne case!) and only in my car.

Reactions: k os

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had a couple of issues with wireless charging... Once it said it was charging, but when I woke up in the morning the phone had hit 1% and turned itself off and only got back up to 25% so must have been charging very slowly. A couple of times I've woken up and it's only at 90ish instead of 100, but I've been putting that down to adaptive battery.

I'm using a Magsafe stand and case, so unless Ringke got their positioning wrong, alignment shouldn't be a factor.

rtronick

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I use a Verizon Wireless stand that I got with my Note 9. Works great. Slow, but I charge overnight, so it's not a big deal.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I am using the Pixel charger version #2 from a previous Pixel. Works great with both cases I have whether using slow or fast charging!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had a couple of issues with wireless charging... Once it said it was charging, but when I woke up in the morning the phone had hit 1% and turned itself off and only got back up to 25% so must have been charging very slowly. A couple of times I've woken up and it's only at 90ish instead of 100, but I've been putting that down to adaptive battery.

I'm using a Magsafe stand and case, so unless Ringke got their positioning wrong, alignment shouldn't be a factor.
"Mag Safe" is the biggest problem for the S24 (and very hit-or-miss). It's just not made for it, and the magnets interfere with the S-Pen digitizer, besides making Qi charging more finnicky. Some cases have (almost) no issues (if you 'look closely' you'll see that it does charge slower and usually heats up at the 'ring'), and some just won't charge at all. Samsung really missed their mark here by not implementing Qi 2, but I can see why when it comes to the S-Pen-enabled versions at least.

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I have an older Samsung stand 2.0 i think. I use adaptive charging on my phone and I have fast wireless charging turned off since I charge over night when i am sleeping. No problems so far. Adaptive charging charges to 80% then about an hour before I wake up it charges up to 100%. Only 1 time did it not charge to 100% but I think it was still learning my sleep pattern.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the same Samsung wireless charger I got with my S22 Ultra. I'm not having any problems with the placement of the phone, but I've had two years practice to figure it out. I remember having issues initially with the placement of the S22 Ultra on the charger.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
"Mag Safe" is the biggest problem for the S24 (and very hit-or-miss). It's just not made for it, and the magnets interfere with the S-Pen digitizer, besides making Qi charging more finnicky. Some cases have (almost) no issues (if you 'look closely' you'll see that it does charge slower and usually heats up at the 'ring'), and some just won't charge at all. Samsung really missed their mark here by not implementing Qi 2, but I can see why when it comes to the S-Pen-enabled versions at least.
I mean, you're mostly wrong, but OK. The whole reason I started using Magsafe is that I got sick of waking up to find that the phone hadn't charged or had gotten hot because of misalignment. The S-Pen issues are just FUD, don't believe everything you read on twitter.

It is possible that Ringke didn't align the ring properly, I may experiment to see if it misbehaves on a normal charger, but even if that's the case, thatt's a problem with this case, not the standard itself. And I still suspect that it isn't a problem with the case, but teething troubles with One UI 6.1s new charging algorithms.

k os

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
An update. Like I said, I'm using the att charger linked above. Worked on all previous phones with no problem. I assumed it was my placement of the S24U but I'm fairly certain of my placement. So I thought maybe the lens was raising it too much off the charger. I ordered a Samsung wireless charger. It didn't come with a cable so I removed the att charger from its cable and plugged in the new Sammy. It flashed lights and wouldn't charge. I did a little googling and found that the flashing lights most likely means the brick the cable is plugged into isn't powerful enough to charge the device. Each time I use that brick (with either charger) it only works briefly. Using another (Sammy brick) with either chargers works perfectly. So, it looks like maybe the brick is the cause of my issues. (At least from the limited testing I did.)

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
i've never had an issue with wireless charging or s-pen usage. had a ghostek case on my s22u with the oh snap grip on the back and it charged every time using the mophie charge puck and generic wireless car charger i have in my car. have been using the same chargers with my s24u with a uag pathfinder case and newest oh snap grip and haven't had 1 issue yet. phone doesn't get hot and has fully charged every time.

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
OP, if you're not opposed to a charging puck, look into the mophie one, it does require a magnetic disc to be added to the back of the phone, been using for over a year after running into the same issues you had with the pad and haven't had any issues at all with charging.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29