Phone Network Roaming

fdservices

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Just to be clear I have data roaming switched off.

When I travel from France to England the phone continues to show that I am still Roaming, little R by the signal strength indicator, as far as I can tell, until I reboot the phone.

All I really need to know is, is it lying to me so just carry on and use it anyway; or is it telling the truth so reboot it and connect to a UK network?

Thanks for any enlightenment

Andrew

[Cubot GT99]

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It means you're roaming. You turned off data roaming but as for cell signal (calls and texts) you're roaming. If you're trying to fully disable the radios on the phone I'd turn on airplane mode.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Only one way to know for sure. Go into your Settings, find the 'About Device' section of your phone. There, you should see a section for STATUS. In there, the current network you're connected to and the roaming state should appear. If you're connected to your carrier's network but still flagged as roaming, then it's a glitch on their side. But if the roaming part is 'true', you should see a different carrier on the network status, meaning that the switch over is not being carried out properly when you're back in your country.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch