Conflicting applications.

dmb06851

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
When I switch on my 'phone, a panel showing two applications appears. They are Launcher and Nova Launcher.
Above them I am asked to "Complete action using", and beneath them is the option of choosing "Always" or "Just one".

Whichever action I choose, even if it's "Always" for either of them, the 'phone continues to display this panel every time it is switched on. This is very irritating and I want to avoid it.

I tried applying "Force stop" to Launcher in Manage apps, but that hasn't stopped it reappearing.

How can I stop this behaviour? Uninstalling Nova Launcher?

The 'phone details are:

Vodafone 785 (Android)

Software version 4.2.2

Baseband version MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V1.P4

Kernel version 3.4.5

Build number Jelly Bean

Software information 120HEG1

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which launcher do you prefer to use? If you don't use Nova Launcher, uninstall it. If you prefer Nova, then go to Settings>Apps>All, select Launcher, and Disable it.

dmb06851

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I had a problem with Nova. After buying the Prime upgrade I sent email to the company asking for a fix or a refund.
The company didn't have the courtesy to reply. So that, and as I think that the instructions are not very clever, I shall uninstall it.

dmb06851

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I thought so too after the application was recommended to me. The thread is here somewhere, but I don't have enough posts to merit including a URL. The thread number is, I think, 863688.

Yes, that was the address I used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress