Faxing with galaxy note 2014 ed.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition with cellular capability. My tablet has a cellular phone number assigned to it since it has a cellular plan. Is there anyway to use that cell number to send and receive faxes? I was told the n u meet is just used as an identifier for the cellular network. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
- 08-28-2014, 12:01 PM #2
Re: faxing with galaxy note 2014 ed.
That is correct. While these tablets have mobile capability, they don't have phone communication capabilities. Remember waaaay back when there were data-only modems and then voice modems came out? Same principle. Your tablet is meant for mobile data traffic and it does connect to the cell network, but it's not a full-fledged phone. And while FAX does run on data, it does so on audio/electrical pulses, which makes you need the voice capability on a mobile device that has no wires to receive the electrical pulse train.
While I haven't seen an app that can do this (but I haven't really looked hehe), you could get FAX functions via WiFi Calling or VoIP.
- By Armthah0meless in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 09-30-2014, 06:33 AM
- By JRC2014 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-29-2014, 10:59 AM
- By mikeinpa in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 08-29-2014, 12:39 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-28-2014, 11:05 AM
- By saleem shaik in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-28-2014, 10:37 AM