Galaxy Note 3 screen is buggered! Any way to retrieve contacts/photos if plugged in to PC?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an old Galaxy Note 3 which until the last few days has worked perfectly (within reason).
Out of the blue (not dropped or anything) 2/3 of the screen went black meaning I couldn't use the phone at all.
It rings and texts are coming through but because I can't select the answer or view button, it's unusable.
It does connect to my car via bluetooth so I can make and receive calls whilst in the car using the car keypad.

It's time for a new phone but I would like to retrieve contacts, photos and anything else if possible.

Can I do this?
Everytime I search online, it advises you to make changes in the phone settings but as I can't get access to the phone, I can't do this?
Is there anyway to plug in to my PC and download any data that can be salvaged?

Any knowledge appreciated

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You can't. USB debugging has to be enabled for the phone to accept external commands. If you can't enable that, then no go.
You can try installing SmartSwitch on a PC/Mac and using the backup utility though. I think it doesn't need any interaction with the device. The device just needs to be unlocked when connected to PC.
However the backup is proprietary and can only be restored to another Samsung phone.