My android (cherry mobile) wont turn on

A

AC Question

My android phone will not turn on. i press the power button and hold it down, it vibrates, makes a sound, then the screen turns black. I already tried taking out the battery and putting it back in. Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did this happen all of a sudden? How old is the phone? What brand and model is it?

The battery could be failing, so the first thing is to try a new battery. You can confirm a failing battery by taking it out, placing it flat on a table, and trying to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a bad sign. But even if it doesn't spin, it's still worth trying a new battery.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Like B. Diddy, I suspect battery failure. See if you can try a good one without buying, then, if that fixes it, you can buy a new one.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Didn't get wet? (If it did, that's the problem and it's probably too late to do anything about it now. See Wet Phone.)

Under warranty? Bring it to the dealer and nicely ask them to fix or replace it.

No warranty? Bring it to a repair shop and ask for a rough estimate of the repair cost. If it sounds doable (a lot cheaper than a new one), ask them to start working on it, but notify you once they've confirmed what's wrong with it if it's going to cost more than the estimate. (A few dollars is okay, but some shops will give you a cheap estimate, then hit you with a bill for 5 times as much - and your only choice is to pay or to have them sell the phone to make up their loss.) If you can get recommendations from friends who have had phones repaired, that would help. Some repair shops are in business to make phones work as long as they can make a little profit. (No one can afford to keep operating at a loss - and you can't buy groceries with "I don't have any money".) Others are in business to get rich, and if they fix a few phones doing it, that's okay too.

Last edited:

chickycheeks

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
cherry mobile pulse

hi, my phone is a cherry mobile pulse and i cannot turn it on since i forgot my privacy password i did try to hard reset. at first i can still use it for text and call but suddenly it all went black and when i turnen it on the next time it only shows a logo of an android. can you please help me if i can still fix this problem. it would be a big help and would appreciate it a lot. thanks

J N C 01

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I might have the same problem as the others. My phone shows the boot-up message/intro (shows the logo and the and the android introduction) then after that it stays black. I remember how it started; it is when I discovered that the system iu is failing it keeps me from using data connection, and the day after that, the process media, it won't let me use the phone camera nor the gallery that's the time I restart my phone and see if it works but it doesn't! :'( Please help me fix it.
Phone: Flare2.1

Last edited:

liliyk

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I have ZTE phone, it fell in the toilet and shut down completely without turning on. I put in the rice for two days and then I charged it the next. When I went to check it I got that it powered on and it worked for only two days. After that it powered off and now I'm trying harder to power it back on and it can't. It actually shut down when it was fully charged 100%. So I charged it since yesterday until today and it doesn't power on anymore. And its non-removable battery.So my question is, Is it the battery death or the phone is still wet or I need to give it more extra charging?

M Aijaz

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: My android samsung A5 is not turn on

Sir my mobile is not turning on after I unroot it and only samsung is showing on screen. Please tell me what should I do and I also have laptop ...can I do anything to my phone with laptop. ?? I am putting my phone on bootloader but I can't understand how to download a new software on it .... can u give me a software of my mobile ..?? Samsung A5 000F

krazz echavez

May 7, 2016
Visit site
hi i have problem with my cherry mobile.it wont send and recieve message or calls so i went to "about phone" and tap the "sofware update" button..but it was stuck in software update logo..my phone is cherry mobile omega..pls help..thanks..

Mycrossover

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I just fixed a similar symptom on an S4. It would make it to varying points in the boot up and then turn off. If you started it with the charger plugged in, the phone would boot up all the way. Now for the weird part. Once booted, you could unplug the charger and it would run a normal amount of time on the battery. I was dubious but repalced the battery. FIXED !! There are a lot of stories of bad batteries and fakes. Buy from a reliable source.