Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By belodion
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default My android (cherry mobile) wont turn on

My android phone will not turn on. i press the power button and hold it down, it vibrates, makes a sound, then the screen turns black. I already tried taking out the battery and putting it back in. Please help!

Default Re: My android (cherry mobile) wont turn on

Welcome to Android Central! Did this happen all of a sudden? How old is the phone? What brand and model is it?

The battery could be failing, so the first thing is to try a new battery. You can confirm a failing battery by taking it out, placing it flat on a table, and trying to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a bad sign. But even if it doesn't spin, it's still worth trying a new battery.

this happened all of a sudden. i came back from something and i tried to turn on my android phone, but it wouldnt work. it is a cherry mobile phone.

Like B. Diddy, I suspect battery failure. See if you can try a good one without buying, then, if that fixes it, you can buy a new one.

Posted via Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.

hi my cherry mobile phone pebble..well..it turns on,but it only shows the "pebble" thgny then it stucks like that..then nothing more..just showing "pebble" ..please help me..
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycca Millana View Post
    hi my cherry mobile phone pebble..well..it turns on,but it only shows the "pebble" thgny then it stucks like that..then nothing more..just showing "pebble" ..please help me..
    mine tooo

Global Posts
    10,478 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Didn't get wet? (If it did, that;s the problem and it's probably too late to do anything about it now. See Wet Phone.)

Under warranty? Bring it to the dealer and nicely ask them to fix or replace it.

No warranty? Bring it to a repair shop and ask for a rough estimate of the repair cost. If it sounds doable (a lot cheaper than a new one), ask them to start working on it, but notify you once they've confirmed what's wrong with it if it's going to cost more than the estimate. (A few dollars is okay, but some shops will give you a cheap estimate, then hit you with a bill for 5 times as much - and your only choice is to pay or to have them sell the phone to make up their loss.) If you can get recommendations from friends who have had phones repaired, that would help. Some repair shops are in business to make phones work as long as they can make a little profit. (No one can afford to keep operating at a loss - and you can't buy groceries with "I don't have any money".) Others are in business to get rich, and if they fix a few phones doing it, that's okay too.