Question Camera On - Rain On Screen Turns It Off

JAA

Nov 29, 2023
Visit site
I turn on my Android Phone, within a minute I turn on the camera and start filming.

I need to film the floor, so the screen is reasonably pointing up.

Sometimes the phone just shuts down, ie turns off. Sometimes it does not.

I am starting to believe it turns off when spots of rain fall on the screen.

Why is it doing this? Is it the rain, or is it a different problem?

What can I do to prevent it?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not able to find any instance of a device powering off for simply getting wet on the screen or even in the power port. If water gets inside that's a different story. I'll assume your devices is reasonably moisture resistant otherwise you're taking huge risks with this device. In the meantime do you know your devices IP rating? If you tell what you have will be able to figure it out. You could test your hypothesis with a misting spray bottle. Just recreate a rainy day.

You say this happens when the camera is open, is it only when the camera is open?

If it shuts off what do you do next? Are you able to restart the phone? Does it continue to shut down until you're out of the rain or is it a one off event?

Do you have a screen protector and/or a case on this device?

Sheet you test if you can't reproduce this with a spray bottle would you consider using a case or screen protector? There are several that are waterproof if wet ends up being a factor.

Should we also assume that this behavior never happens outside of these conditions?

The only thing that comes to mind is that you may be holding the phone differently when it might be slippery or wet as so not to drop it or to keep a firm grip on it and are inadvertently squeezing the power button. Holding the power button for too long would shut the device down without warning and would seem to happen out of nowhere. Could this be the case?

Let us know what your find and we'll offer more advice.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter