Samsung Galaxy 8.0 Note returns to main screen after 5 mins of use

A

AC Question

I have a 1.5 year old Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and it just started to return to the main menu after 3-5 minutes of use (sometimes sooner). If I am searching the internet it goes back to my original search screen. Also, my pop up key board doesn't appear automatically when I need it. What is going on? Anyone else with this problem? Thanks, Yvonne

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by the main menu, or original search screen? Are you talking about the main homescreen? By search screen, do you mean the Google Search app, or are you using a browser?

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data:

1. Power the tablet off.
2. Press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons together until you see the Samsung logo appear (you might have to press the Home button as well--so if it doesn't work, try pressing Power, Volume Up, and Home together until you see the Samsung logo).
3. When you see the Recovery Menu, use the Volume buttons to highlight "wipe cache partition," then press Power to execute.
4. When it's done, highlight "reboot system now," and press Power.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo