HTC One X Screen Broken Cant Connect to PC as Storage Device

A

AC Question

I have an HTC One X that was dropped in the water and the screen no longer works. I want to transfer the pictures off the device to my PC but the device doesn't automatically mount to the computer when I attach it via USB to the laptop. It recognizes it as an "android device" but I can't view any files on the device. When I right click on the "android device" in the devices area there is an exclamation mark next to troubleshoot, when I click on that it says "There is a problem with the driver for the HTC MTP Device. Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem." When I click on apply this fix it is not able to fix.

Last thing I tried was installing the HTC sync manager but that along with every other thing I tried requires me to navigate menus on the phone itself to enable the phone as a storage device, not just in charge mode only. Since I can't see anything on the screen and don't know how to navigate I am stuck.

Just want to pull the videos and pictures off the phone to my computer; is there a way to do this remotely from the laptop or some other way? Please help.

Nate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress