Water in my tab

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which tablet do you have? Is it a Galaxy Tab? If you can open the back of your tablet, there might be a water sensor sticker somewhere inside.

Why do you ask? Did it get exposed to water, and is it acting funny?

Mohammad Shebaro

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Which tablet do you have? Is it a Galaxy Tab? If you can open the back of your tablet, there might be a water sensor sticker somewhere inside.

Why do you ask? Did it get exposed to water, and is it acting funny?

I have Samsung Galaxy tab 3 7.0 and I was eating ice cream when suddenly a piece of the ice cream has fallen on the screen of my tab and I am too afraid. NO it isn acting funny knowing that the tab can not opened ( not removable battery) so how I know please help I'm so worried

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
From your description I don't think it's likely that you have done any damage. Melted ice cream is quite thick, and unlikely to penetrate gaps in the phone as readily as water. If a phone is damaged by water or other liquids, the treatment recommended by one of our members is quite drastic:

http://androidforums.com/faqs/815124-so-you-got-your-phone-wet-what-can-you-do-try-save.html

I don't think that such a remedy is called for in your case, but you could try leaving your device in dry rice for a few days if you wish, a treatment which has become discredited to some extent for phones that have been dropped into water.

Posted via Android Central App