galaxy tab 3 "no vpn" message when try to set up vpn

U

Unregistered

I am trying to set up a vpn connection on my tablet. When I select the option to set up a vpn network in settings all I get is an icon and a message no vpn. What have I done wrong? It works on my husbands tablet and it is identical.

Dr Rose

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
In order to setup VPN on android devices:
1) open the Settings app and tap More under Wireless & networks. (On Android 2.3, tap Wireless & networks.)
2) Tap the VPN option on the Wireless & networks screen. (On Android 2.3, tap VPN Settings.)
3) Tap the + button and provide the VPN’s details. Enter a name to help you remember which VPN is which into the Name field, select the type of VPN server you’re connecting to, and enter the VPN server’s address (either an address like vpn.example.com or a numerical IP address).
4) Tap the VPN to connect once you have set it up. You can have multiple VPN servers configured and switch between them from the VPN screen.
5) You will need the username and password your VPN requires when you connect. However, you can save this account information for next time.
6) While connected to a VPN, you will see a persistent “VPN activated” notification in your notifications drawer. To disconnect, tap the notification and tap Disconnect.

The following Visual configuration guide could give you better idea of setup guide to ensure you are on a right path:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com%2Fconfig%2Fandroid_pptp%2F&token=dKCRmcf8

Hope it could help

Linda Smith Italy

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I have done what you have explained but I am not given the option to put in thedetails of a vpn network. I just get a message No vpn so cannot proceed. There mustbe something set that is preventing me setting up a vpn network but I have no idea what it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87