Samsung Galaxy S5 white line after AT&T update

sonofalink

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxy S5 had to install some sort of AT&T update last night, I'm not sure what it was. When it was done, it rebooted and then I noticed in the lower left corner of my home screen there was a tiny white line. It won't go away. Has anyone else seen this? How do I get rid of it?

It's hard to see in the screenshot, but you can kind of tell it's there. It's plainly obvious on the phone since it's up against the black bezel.

Screenshot_2014-09-04-07-56-16.jpg

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy S5 had to install some sort of AT&T update last night, I'm not sure what it was. When it was done, it rebooted and then I noticed in the lower left corner of my home screen there was a tiny white line. It won't go away. Has anyone else seen this? How do I get rid of it?

It's hard to see in the screenshot, but you can kind of tell it's there. It's plainly obvious on the phone since it's up against the black bezel.

View attachment 135293

Looks like a t that somehow got stuck there lol
Have you tried a reboot of the device? That and wiping the cache like Belodion said are usually quick fixes for things like that :)

sonofalink

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Looks like a t that somehow got stuck there lol
Have you tried a reboot of the device? That and wiping the cache like Belodion said are usually quick fixes for things like that :)

Just tried it. Didn't help. I should point out that a coworker squinted at it and said it's a lowercase t with the left side cut off. So... there's that.

sonofalink

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
A coworker suggested I try a different launcher (I use Nova Prime) so I loaded TouchWiz and it went away. So I guess it's a Nova issue.

I'll deal currently because I'd rather be tortured than use TouchWiz.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Just in the home screens (doesn't move when I scroll through them, but doesn't show up in apps or in the app drawer)

Hmm. I was going to ask if maybe it was an issue with your wallpaper, but it would then move when you're scrolling through the home screens. Have you tried that just to see if it works? Worth a shot